New Pathways in the Treatment of Mantle Cell Lymphoma
November 15, 2023
November 15, 2024
This activity is jointly provided by Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center and Catamount Medical Education.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Pharmacyclics LLC, an AbbVie Company and Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is intended for community and academic-based hematology/oncology physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, PAs, and pharmacists who care for patients with MCL.
This expert-led activity includes an update on advances in novel chemotherapy-free treatment regimens for mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), followed by illustrative case studies.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to::
- Discuss unmet needs in the treatment of MCL
- Review evidence on current and emerging novel therapies for MCL
- Identify treatment-, disease-, and patient-specific considerations to support customized use of novel therapies for patients with MCL
Michael Wang, MD
Puddin Clarke Endowed Professor
Director, Mantle Cell Lymphoma Program of Excellence
Section Chief, Rare Lymphomas
Co-Pl, B-cell Lymphoma Moonshot Project
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center and Catamount Medical Education. Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Physician Continuing Education
Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
The “Policy on Identification, Mitigation and Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships” of Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center requires that any individual in control of content, including faculty, participating in CME/CE activities disclose to the audience all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* in the last 24 months. Any individual in control of content who refuses to disclose, or their disclosed relationships prove to create a conflict of interest will be recused. Individuals with the absence of relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies will be disclosed to the audience.
All financial relationships of individuals in a position to control the content of this CME/CE activity has been identified and mitigated prior to this educational activity.
*The ACCME defines an ineligible company as those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
The faculty reported the following relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities related to the educational content of this CE activity:
- Michael Wang, MD
- Research Funding: Acerta Pharma, AstraZeneca, BeiGene, BioInvent, Celgene, Genmab, Genentech, Innocare, Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, Juno Therapeutics, Kite Pharma, Lilly USA, LLC, Loxo Oncology, Molecular Templates, Oncternal, Pharmacyclics, VelosBio, Vincerx
- Consulting Fees: AbbVie Inc., Acerta Pharma, ADC Therapeutics America, Amphista, Therapeutics Limited, AstraZeneca, Be Biopharma, BeiGene, BioInvent, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Deciphera, DTRM, Biopharma (Cayman) Limited, Genentech, InnoCare, Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, Kite Pharma, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Lilly USA, LLC, Merck Sharp & Dohme, LLC, Miltenyi Biomedicine, Milken Institute, Oncternal, Parexel, Pepromene Bio, Pharmacyclics, VelosBio
- Speaker Honoraria: AbbVie Inc., Acerta Pharma, AstraZeneca, Bantam Pharmaceutical, BeiGene, BioInvent, Bristol-Myers Squibb, CAHON, Dava Oncology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Genmab, i3Health, IDEOlogy Health, Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, Kite Pharma, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Medscape, Meeting Minds Experts, MD Education , MJH Life Sciences, Merck Sharp & Dohme, LLC, Moffit Cancer Center, NIH, Nurix, Oncology Specialty Group, OncLive, Pharmacyclics, Physicians Education Resources (PER), Practice Point Communications (PPC), Scripps, Studio ER Congressi, WebMD
Content Reviewer Disclosure
- Victor B. Hatcher, PhD, Research Director and Associate Dean, presents no relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined commercial interests during the past 24 months to disclose.
Publishing Staff Disclosure
- Susan Denner, MD, MS, Medical Director, Catamount Medical Education, presents no relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined commercial interests during the past 24 months to disclose.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
This is an enduring material. There are no fees for participating and receiving credit for this activity. Successful completion is achieved by reviewing the CME information, completing the pretest, listening to the presentation, and completing the posttest and evaluation form. Upon completion of the evaluation, your certificate will be made available immediately. Click on "View Certificate" and print the certificate for your records.
The estimated time to complete the activity is 60 minutes.
This activity was originally released on November 15, 2023, and is eligible for credit through November 15, 2024
Course Viewing Requirements
This site is best viewed with an HTML5 compatible browser. You can visit the independent (3rd party) site www.whatismybrowser.com to determine if you have the latest version of your browser.
Certain educational activities may require additional software to view multimedia, presentation, or printable versions of their content. That software may be: Adobe Flash, Apple QuickTime, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint, Windows Media Player, and Real Networks Real One Player.
Our Policy on Privacy
Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center (Einstein-Montefiore) and Catamount Medical Education, LLC, respect your privacy. All personal information that is provided to Einstein-Montefiore or Catamount Medical Education, LLC, is protected and will not be sold to a third party for commercial purposes. All personally identifiable information contained in the Einstein-Montefiore and Catamount Medical Education, LLC, registration databases is treated as confidential and will be used only for the purposes stated in this policy, except where required by law. Catamount Medical Education, LLC, maintains user databases that contain mailing and user profile information as well as a record of the CME activities viewed and the posttest and evaluation results for CME credit. This information is provided to activity collaborators for the purposes of CME recordkeeping, and will not be shared with the grantor or any ineligible company. By participating in this activity, you agree that Catamount Medical Education, LLC, has full permission to provide this information to the activity collaborators.
Einstein-Montefiore and Catamount Medical Education, LLC, safeguards against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected in this activity.
The material is prepared based on a review of multiple sources of information but is not exhaustive of the subject matter. Therefore, health care professionals and other individuals should review and consider other publications and materials about the subject matter other than relying solely on the information contained in this material.
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center, Catamount Medical Education, freeCME, or the program grantors. Reasonable efforts have been made to present educational subject matter in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Each participant must use his/her personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses.
For questions about this activity, please contact Catamount Medical Education at [email protected].