Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease: Improving Recognition and Early Treatment in the Primary Care Setting
November 10, 2022
October 12, 2023
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from GlaxoSmithKline.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Nurses — 1.0 Contact Hours
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This educational activity is directed toward nurse practitioners and physician assistants practicing in the primary care setting. Physicians and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of patients in the primary care setting also may participate.
This online, on-demand virtual symposium brings together renowned experts in anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). In this educational program, these experts address the clinical burden of this condition, review assessment strategies aimed at efficient diagnosis of anemia in patients with CKD, and analyze therapeutic regimens for this group of patients, based on established goals for individual patients.
This educational activity is an archive of the virtual symposium held on September 10, 2022.
- Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Describe the clinical burden of anemia in patients with CKD
- Discuss the pathophysiology of anemia in CKD, including therapeutic targets
- Apply current assessment strategies to accurately diagnose patients with anemia and CKD based on clinical presentation
- Develop appropriate therapeutic regimens for patients with anemia and CKD based on goals of therapy
Scott Urquhart, PA-C, DFAAPA
Chair, Metabolic and Endocrine Disease Summit (MEDS)
Adjunct Clinical Professor, PA Program
James Madison University
Clinical Instructor, PA Program
George Washington University
Diabetes and Thyroid Associates
Wendy L. Wright, DNP, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, FNAP
Owner/Family Nurse Practitioner
Wright & Associates Family Healthcare
Kim Zuber, PA-C
American Academy of Nephrology Physician Assistants
St Petersburg, FL
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Faculty, Staff, and Planners’ Disclosures
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
- Scott Urquhart, PA-C, DFAAPA
- Speakers’ Bureau: AstraZeneca, Dexcom, Novo Nordisk
- Other: Advisory Board: AstraZeneca, Dexcom, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi.
- Wendy L. Wright, DNP, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, FNAP
- Consultant: Bayer: chronic kidney disease; GlaxoSmithKline: osteoarthritis/pain; Idorsia: insomnia; Merck & Co, Moderna, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Seqirus: vaccines; Shield: iron deficiency anemia
- Speakers’ Bureau: AbbVie and Biohaven: migraines; Idorsia: insomnia; Merck and Pfizer: vaccines; Sanofi.
Kim Zuber, PA-C, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.