Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Global Medical Education.
Supported by an independent educational grant from AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, and Forest Pharmaceuticals.
Release date: October 10, 2014
Valid through: October 31, 2015
Topic: Bipolar Disorder
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses and other clinicians involved in the care of patients with bipolar disorder.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
This program consists of 10 continuing education activites.
Click the links below to review the activity launch pages containing full disclosure information.
1. Understanding Bipolar and Related Disorders in the 21st Century: From Kraepelin to DSM-5 (Bipolar Summit Web – Goodwin)
2. Why Are We Still Missing the Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder in 2014? (Bipolar Summit Web - Hirschfeld)
3. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Dilemmas in Children and Adolescents with Bipolar Disorder (Bipolar Summit Web - Chang)
4. Metabolic Disturbances in Bipolar Patients: Controversies and Consequences (Bipolar Summit Web - Chengappa)
5. Using Cognitive Remediation to Improve Functional Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder (Bipolar Summit Web - Vieta)
6. Treating Bipolar Disorder in Pregnancy and Special Populations (Bipolar Summit Web - Cohen)
7. How Patients Can Be Active Collaborators in Their Care (Bipolar Summit Web - Young)
8. DSM-5 changes in Bipolar Disorder (Bipolar Summit Web - Suppes)
9. An Evidence-Based Approach to Managing Bipolar Manic and Mixed Episodes (Bipolar Summit Web - Frye)
10. An Evidence-Based Approach to Managing Bipolar Depression (Bipolar Summit Web - McIntyre)