Patient, Provider & Caregiver Connection: Individualizing Care in Multiple Sclerosis – Understanding Patient Challenges and the Role of Innovative Treatment
March 15, 2023
March 15, 2024
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Merck Serono S.p.A., an Italian affiliate of Merck KGaA.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 1.5 Contact Hours
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This educational activity is directed toward healthcare providers serving multiple sclerosis (MS) patients, including neurologists, MS specialists, PCPs, NPs, and PAs. Patients and caregivers will also be able to access necessary resources.
This video-based program is designed for health care professionals to explore best practices in MS management through a unique perspective, putting the patient voice front and center. A patient will lend their expertise to this program by sharing their journey of living with MS. Expert faculty will discuss findings from large data sets, innovations in digital technology for MS monitoring, and effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the management of patients with MS.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Describe the impact of new technology on the implementation of personalized care plans for patients with MS
- Apply findings from large data sets to daily clinical decision-making in the management of patients with MS
- Formulate treatment plans for patients with MS using the principles of shared decision making
- Discuss the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the management of patients with MS
Stephen Krieger, MD, FAAN
Professor of Neurology
The Corinne Goldsmith Dickinson Center for Multiple Sclerosis
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
New York, NY
Rachel Brandstadter, MD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
Corporal Michael J Crecenz - VA Medical Center
Jana Widell, Patient
Bernie Widell, Caregiver
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Faculty, Staff, and Planners’ Disclosures
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
- Stephen Krieger, MD, FAAN
- Grant/Research Support: Biogen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Novartis, Sanofi
- Consultant: Biogen, Cycle, EMD Serono, Genentech, Genzyme/Sanofi, Novartis, Octave, TG Therapeutics
- Speaker’s Bureau: Nonpromotional speaking with Biogen, EMD Serono, and Genentech
- Rachel Brandstadter, MD
- Consultant: Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Speaker’s Bureau: Horizon Therapeutics
Jana Widell, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Bernie Widell, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
You may immediately download your certificate.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.