Patient and Provider Connection™: Aligning Evidence-Based Management Strategies with Quality-of-Life Considerations to Optimize Care in Patients with HAE
December 22, 2022
December 22, 2023
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Nurses — 1.5 Contact Hours
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This educational activity is directed toward allergists, clinical immunologists, pediatricians, and primary care physicians.
This video-based program is designed for health care professionals to explore the diagnosis and treatment of hereditary angioedema (HAE) through a unique perspective, putting the patient voice front and center. A patient will lend their expertise to this program by sharing their journey living with HAE. This online activity focuses on the complex disease pathophysiology and etiology of HAE, the clinical presentation and diagnostic evaluation in this setting, and the efficacy and safety of therapies used in management.
- Upon completion of this activity, you should be better able to:
- Summarize the classification of HAE subtypes
- Discuss the patient burden of HAE and associated impact on quality of life
- Describe the available assessment tools used in the evaluation of HAE disease severity
- Develop management plans for long-term prophylaxis of patients with HAE based on current evidence and shared goals of therapy
Marc Riedl, MD, MS
Professor of Medicine
Clinical Director US HAEA Angioedema Center
Clinical Service Chief – Allergy & Immunology
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA
Aleena Banerji, MD
Harvard Medical School
MGH Allergy and Immunology
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Faculty, Staff, and Planners’ Disclosures
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
- Marc Riedl, MD, MS
- Grant/Research Support: BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, BioMarin Pharmaceutical, CSL Behring, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, KalVista Pharmaceuticals, Pharvaris, Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
- Consultant: Astria Therapeutics, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, BioMarin Pharmaceutical, CSL Behring, Cycle Pharmaceuticals, Grifols, Intellia Therapeutics, Ipsen, KalVista Pharmaceuticals, Ono Pharmaceutical Co, Pfizer, Pharming Group, Pharvaris, REGENEXBIO, Sanofi-Regeneron, Spark Therapeutics, Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
- Speaker’s Bureau: (nonpromotional disease state education presentations) Grifols, Pharming Group, Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
- Aleena Banerji, MD
- Grant/Research Support: BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Ionis, KalVista Pharmaceuticals, Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
- Consultant: BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Ionis, KalVista Pharmaceuticals, CSL Behring, Pharming Group, Pharvaris, Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc
Lisa Facciolla has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.