Oncology Innovations: Quick Review of Liquid Biopsy for NSCLC
April 26, 2023
April 26, 2024
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicineand DKBmed, LLC.
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Merck & Co., Inc. and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Physicians — maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Nurses — 0.25 ANCC Contact Hour
- Physician Assistant - 0.25 AAPA Category 1 Credit
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
Clinicians who manage NSCLC, including oncologists and others (nurses, PA, NPs) interested in managing NSCLC within the United States and Europe.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Describe the importance of broad-based genomic analysis in managing NSCLC
- Explain the benefits and limitations of liquid biopsy for biomarker assessment in managing NSCLC
Umberto Malapelle, PhD
Department of Public Health
University of Naples, Italy
Christian Rolfo, MD, PhD, MBA
Alessandro Russo, MD, PhD
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and DKBmed, LLC. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the American Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 0.25 contact hour.
Physician Assistant/Physician Associate Continuing Medical Education
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 0.25 AAPA Category 1 CME credit. Approval is valid until April 3, 2025. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
Faculty / Presenter Reported Financial Relationship
- Umberto Malapelle, PhD
- Advisory role: Boehringer Ingelheim, AstraZeneca, Roche, MSD, Amgen, BMS, Merck, Thermofisher, Biocartis
- Fees for Non-CE Services (e.g., Speakers’ Bureaus): Boehringer Ingelheim, MSD, Amgen, Merck, BMS, Diaceutics, Roche, Eli Lilly, Thermofisher, Janssen
- Financial support paid directly to Dr. Malapelle’s Institution: ABoehringer Ingelheim, Amgen
- Christian Rolfo, MD, PhD, MBA, Dr.hc
- Employee/Owner: ISLB, IASCL, ESO, Elsevier
- Grant/Research Support: Pfizer, U54
- Speakers Bureau/honoraria for non-CME: AstraZeneca, Roche, Guardanthealth, MSD, Core2Ed, Physicians Education Resource, Intellisphere, CEA
- Consultant/Advisory Board: Archer, Inivata, Novartis, Boston Pharm, EMD Serono, Mirati, Eisai, Daiichi Sankyo, Sanofi Genzyme Regeneron, CEA, Bayer, General Dynamics, Medstar, Janssen Scientific Affairs
- Alessandro Russo, MD, PhD
- Speakers Bureau/honoraria for non-CME: AstraZeneca, BMS
- Consultant/Advisory Board: AstraZeneca, Novartis, Pfizer, BMS, MSD
Planners and Managers
The PIM planners and managers have nothing to disclose. The DKBmed planners and managers have nothing to disclose.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the online activity.
- Submit the evaluation form.
Certificates will be emailed to the participant.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
To contact Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) please visit www.pimed.com. For technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.