Managing the Burden of Prurigo Nodularis: The Role of Emerging Therapies
February 8, 2023
February 8, 2024
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Integrity Continuing Education, Inc.
This activity is supported by an independent medical education grant from Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
- Physicians — maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
Prurigo nodularis (PN) is a chronic, debilitating cutaneous disease with limited treatment options that exerts significant disease burden on patients. More than half of patients (61%) report that itch exerts a great impact on sleep. For many patients with PN, there is also a high prevalence of psychiatric comorbidities such as depression and anxiety.
This educational program is designed for dermatologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses involved in the management of patients with PN.
This activity is designed to improve knowledge of disease pathogenesis, increase diagnostic awareness, and examine emerging therapies and their potential role in treatment. Join expert faculty, Gil Yosipovitch, MD and Shawn G. Kwatra, MD, as they walk through two interactive case presentations, provide rationale for optimal management and treatment, and describe methods for integration in practice.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Apply available evidence and criteria to identify common symptoms and associated cycles of quality of life impact to support earlier diagnosis of PN
- Identify known factors involved in the pathogenesis of PN
- Utilize available guidance for the treatment of patients with PN
- Evaluate clinical evidence supporting use of current and investigational agents for the management of PN
Gil Yosipovitch, MD (Faculty Chair)
Professor of Dermatology
Stiefel Chair of Medical Dermatology
Dr. Phillip Frost Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery
Miller School of Medicine
University of Miami
Director, Miami Itch Center
Shawn G. Kwatra, MD
Associate Professor of Dermatology
Department of Dermatology
Director, Johns Hopkins Itch Center
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Physician Accreditation Statement
Integrity Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Integrity Continuing Education, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
- Gil Yosipovitch, MD
- Consultant: AbbVie, Arcutis Biotherapeutics, Bellus, Celldex Therapeutics , Eli Lilly, Escient, Galderma, LEO, Novartis, Pfizer, Pierre Fabre, Regeneron, Sanofi, Trevi Therapeutics
- Research: Celldex, Eli Lilly, Escient, Galderma, LEO, Novartis, Pfizer, Regeneron, Sanofi, Trevi Therapeutics
- Shawn G. Kwatra, MD
- Consultant: AbbVie, Arcutis Biotherapeutics, Aslan Pharmaceuticals, Castle Biosciences, Celldex Therapeutics, Incyte, Novartis, Pfizer, Regeneron, Sanofi
- Investigator: Incyte, Pfizer, Regeneron, Sanofi
The Integrity Continuing Education, Inc. planners and managers have nothing to disclose.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this activity. During the period of February 8, 2023 through February 8, 2024 participants must:
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Complete the pretest.
- Study the educational activity.
- Complete the posttest and the evaluation form
A statement of credit will be issued only upon receipt of a completed activity evaluation form and a completed posttest with a score of 60% or better.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Integrity Continuing Education, Inc. does not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of any organization associated with this activity. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
For information about ACCME accreditation of this activity, please contact Integrity Continuing Education, Inc. at (855) 835-4004 or email@example.com.