Expert Illustrations & Commentaries™: A Closer Look at Emerging Therapies in IBS-C
March 30, 2023
March 30, 2024
Inflammatory bowel disease
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Ardelyx, Inc.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 1.0 Contact Hours
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This educational activity is directed towards gastroenterologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other health care practitioners involved in the management of patients with IBS.
The availability of new therapeutic strategies, as well as growing clinical experience with current therapies for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C), creates a need for ongoing education. This online, on-demand virtual symposium brings together renowned experts in IBS-C. In this educational program, these experts share data and commentary about current and emerging therapies for IBS-C with a focus on secretagogues.
This educational activity is an archive of the live virtual symposium held on February 24, 2023.
Upon successful completion of this activity, you should be better prepared to:
- Describe the elements underlying the pathophysiology of IBS-C
- Summarize the factors that impact quality of life in patients with IBS-C
- Integrate clinical trial data for current and emerging therapies for patients with IBS-C
William D. Chey, MD, AGAF, FACG, FACP, RFF
William D. Chey, MD, AGAF, FACG, FACP, RFF
H. Marvin Pollard Professor of Gastroenterology
Chief and Professor, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Professor, Department of Nutritional Sciences
Director, GI Physiology Laboratory
Director, Digestive Disorders Nutrition & Behavioral Health Programs
Director, Michigan Food for Life Kitchen
Medical Director, Michigan Bowel Control Program
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI
Lucinda Harris, MS, MD
Professor of Medicine
Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Alix School of Medicine
Eric Shah, MD, MBA, FACG
Director, Gastrointestinal Motility, Esophageal, and Swallowing Disorders Center
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Assistant Professor, The Dartmouth Institute
Geisel School of Medicine
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
- William D. Chey, MD, AGAF, FACG, FACP, RFF
- Grant/Research Support: Biomerica, Commonwealth Diagnostics International, QOL Medical, Urovant Sciences, Vibrant Pharma
- Consultant: Biomerica, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, QOL Medical, Ritter Pharmaceuticals, Salix Pharmaceuticals/Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Takeda, Urovant Sciences, Vibrant Pharma
- Shareholder: Modify Health, Ritter Pharmaceuticals
- Lucinda Harris, MS, MD
- Grant/Research Support: Takeda
- Consultant: AbbVie, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Ardelyx, Gemelli Biotech, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Rome Foundation
- Eric Shah, MD, MBA, FACG
- Consultant: Ardelyx, GI Supply, Mahana Therapeutics, NeurAxis, Salix Pharmaceuticals, Takeda
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the online activity.
- Submit the evaluation form.
Certificates will be emailed to the participant.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a healthcare professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.