Evaluating the Evolution of CKD Treatment: What’s New and How Can We Incorporate It?
October 25, 2022
October 25, 2023
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Nurses — 1.0 Contact Hours
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This educational activity is directed toward nurse practitioners and physician assistants practicing in primary care. Physicians and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of patients with CKD related to diabetes in the primary care setting may also participate.
This online, on-demand virtual symposium brings together experts on chronic kidney disease (CKD) in patients with diabetes. In this educational program, these experts discuss recent data regarding management of these patients, share their perspectives and best practices, and provide key insights specifically geared for nurse practitioners and physician assistants. This educational activity is an archive of the live virtual symposium held on September 9, 2022.
- Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Summarize current guideline recommendations about testing for CKD in patients with type 2 diabetes
- Discuss clinical trial evidence regarding therapies for patients with CKD and cardiovascular (CV) comorbidities
- Develop treatment plans for patients with CKD and CV comorbidities based on current evidence and patient presentation
Scott Urquhart, PA-C, DFAAPA
Chair, Metabolic and Endocrine Disease Summit (MEDS)
Adjunct Clinical Professor, PA Program
James Madison University
Clinical Instructor, PA Program
George Washington University
Diabetes and Thyroid Associates
Leah Smith, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CNN-NP, FNKF
Nephrology Nurse Practitioner, Director of Advanced Practitioners
Metrolina Nephrology Associates
Chief Education Officer and Co-Founder
Senior AP Practice Consultant
ClearEdge Medical Management
Wendy L. Wright, DNP, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, FNAP
Adult/Family Nurse Practitioner
Wright & Associates Family Healthcare
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Faculty, Staff, and Planners’ Disclosures
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
- Scott Urquhart, PA-C, DFAAPA
- Speakers’ Bureau: AstraZeneca, Dexcom, Novo Nordisk
- Other: Advisory Board: AstraZeneca, Dexcom, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi.
- Leah Smith, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CNN-NP, FNKF
- Consultant: Bayer: CKD; GSK: OA/pain; Idorsia: insomnia; Merck, Moderna, Pfizer, Sanofi, Seqirus: vaccines; Shield Therapeutics: IDA
- Speakers’ Bureau: AbbVie and Biohaven: migraines; Idorsia: insomnia; Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi: vaccines.
- Wendy L. Wright, DNP, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, FNAP
- Consultant: Bayer: CKD; GlaxoSmithKline: OA/pain; Idorsia: insomnia; Merck, Moderna, Pfizer, Sanofi, Seqirus: vaccines; Shield: IDA
- Speakers’ Bureau: AbbVie and Biohaven: migraines; Idorsia: insomnia; Merck and Pfizer: vaccines; Sanofi.
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
- You may immediately download your certificate.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.