Oncologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of prostate cancer.
The overall objective for this program is to improve both the knowledge and competence of healthcare professionals who manage patients with prostate cancer using PARP-inhibitor Combination Treatments.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Discuss the mechanism of action and biological basis of PARP inhibition.
- Debate the clinical rationale for using PARP inhibitor combinations as treatments for prostate cancer.
- Describe the clinical trial and research data to support the use of PARP inhibitors in combination with androgen receptor targeted therapies for prostate cancer in the clinical setting.
- Discuss the potential and rationale for using PARP inhibitor combinations in metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- Evaluate how to best transfer research and clinical trial findings to the community hospital setting.